Top 10 Ways to Improve Search Engine Ranking
My top 10 ways to Improve Search Engine Rankings is based on 7 years of banging my head against the world wide webs search engines and tons of wasted books on top 10 seo tactics.
Let me say first that there are tons of books, sources and tutorials that make promises of top 10 spots to the major search engines. Most of these are self promoting and the end result you have to hire these people on to accomplish the things they say you can do on your own.
So I want to preface this by saying that my postings on how to Improve Search Engine Rankings is not necessarily a do it your self guide. In fact the art of SEO can be time consuming and irritating to say the least. Some methods require the help of companies like mine so I write these in hopes that you will understand what it really takes to gain exposure and understand what you can do on your own and where you need assistance.
One more point I want to make “Don’t use any SEO Company who can’t explain what they are doing and make claims of secret software that you can never see or use”. Yes, SEO is complex but not trivial to the point that you can’t understand what they are doing. A true SEO company will be able to educate you on what they are doing and they will also know that they are the professionals and it is best to leave some of these techniques to the experts.
- If you are using a shared host (and I know you are), then ask your host for a dedicated IP address for your site. This means that no one on the net shares this IP with you’re site, it is yours and yours alone. Many shared servers have tons of related sites on them, having your own IP separates you from those sites
- Make sure your site validates as a search engine friendly site. W3C is the best site to do this with. This will tell you if your site is valid. This means if the search engines can read your site or not. If there are errors, these can possibly stop the bots from properly indexing your site.
- For every page on your site have 300 words or more. Do not write a 2 paragraph page that has little to no real information. Provide details and give examples.
- Create a FAQ or Tutorial page on your site. Make each subject link to its own page and focus on 1 or 2 keywords. Try to add 10 of these to your site as a good start. A great way to think of this is consider your industry and what most people don’t understand about it or questions commonly asked and put those there. This will add great content and help your potential clients feel secure about your service
- Add a blog to your site. Have your blog designed to match your site so as it draws traffic and readers they also know this is your main site of business like this site: Revive Skin Care. This will add value to your site, plus improve search engine rankings. Make categories and write tons of information about your industry on a regular basis.
- Create Link Baits using your blog. There are very few services that offer this on a professional level and this can be very complex. I do suggest leaving this service to the professionals, as it requires time and knowledge on things that most will find difficult and frustrating. The idea is having creative and detailed content talking about your industry and creating enough buzz through various distributions to get others to refer and link back to your incredible page of content. Listen, this can be a huge asset to your business as many writers love to give props to quality content.
- Post to Directory sites that have rankings on the inner pages and especially on the page where your site will be listed. Use unique Anchor text for each posting. This again is one of those services best left to professionals because the result of this done correctly can really help improve search engine ranking.
- Text Link Brokering is a creative and effective way to build more anchor text back links. Find related and quality ranked sites that will list your site in text format and this usually requires a 1 time, monthly or yearly fee.
- If you can and have a product or service for sell offer affiliate incentives and post these opportunities on affiliate forums, etc and generate interest in getting others to promote your service for you. Make sure you have a solid affiliate and tracking program in the back end to give security to your affiliates and have people test and write reviews on your reliability for true tacking and payouts.
Improve Search Engine Rankings using our top 10 list. There are more things to do, but to list everything can be overwhelming and leave you feeling like it can never be done. But rest assured that if you do some or all of the 10 things listed above you will see an increase of traffic.