Improve Search Engine Rankings
The basic target of Search Engine Optimization is to improve Search Engine rankings for specific targeted keywords. Search Engine optimization is not just making use of Meta tags, search engine submissions and directory submissions. You have to make sure to target the rankings of specific keywords so as to attract more traffic to your website.
Let’s understand the importance of Search Engine rankings with the help of an example. Just imagine you have a website related to weight loss product. You’ re ranked 122nd for the keyword “Weight Loss” in the search engine. On the other hand your competitor who is selling the same product as you is ranking 1st in the Search Engines for the same keyword “Weight loss”. Do you expect to get the same response as him as far as sales of the weight loss products are concerned? Well, I am afraid to say this but ‘No’.
The website ranking One in the search engines will receive far more visitors than your website. At the most a visitor might check three search pages. No one is bothered to go to the 12th page to check your website. This is where you might struggle to get the best possible sales for your product. It hardly does matter if you’re selling the most useful products on the web. It is the general public that you have to reach for so as to inform them about the existence of your website.
Tips to improve Search Engine rankings
You need to make constant efforts so as to increase your keyword rankings in the search engines. Firstly you need to find out the competitive keywords related to your website. You can do so using an effective keyword search tool “Overture”.
- To start with make a list of competitive keywords you would like to target.
- Write SEO optimized content using different keywords. The more information you provide on your website the higher are your chances of getting recognized in the Search Engine.
- Submissions of the website link to different Search Engines. You need to submit your website to different Search sources on the web. This includes Google, MSN, Yahoo, DMOZ web directory, Exact and so on.
- Directory submissions to thousands of quality web directories. Directory Submissions will help to increase the back links of your website and thereby generate more traffic for related keywords.
- You need to constantly monitor your website rankings, perform a constant check on the updates of your competitors and accordingly analyze your website results.