March 25th, 2007
My top 10 ways to Improve Search Engine Rankings is based on 7 years of banging my head against the world wide webs search engines and tons of wasted books on top 10 seo tactics.
Let me say first that there are tons of books, sources and tutorials that make promises of top 10 spots to the major search engines. Most of these are self promoting and the end result you have to hire these people on to accomplish the things they say you can do on your own.
So I want to preface this by saying that my postings on how to Improve Search Engine Rankings is not necessarily a do it your self guide. In fact the art of SEO can be time consuming and irritating to say the least. Some methods require the help of companies like mine so I write these in hopes that you will understand what it really takes to gain exposure and understand what you can do on your own and where you need assistance.
One more point I want to make “Don’t use any SEO Company who can’t explain what they are doing and make claims of secret software that you can never see or use”. Yes, SEO is complex but not trivial to the point that you can’t understand what they are doing. A true SEO company will be able to educate you on what they are doing and they will also know that they are the professionals and it is best to leave some of these techniques to the experts.
Improve Search Engine Rankings using our top 10 list. There are more things to do, but to list everything can be overwhelming and leave you feeling like it can never be done. But rest assured that if you do some or all of the 10 things listed above you will see an increase of traffic.
- If you are using a shared host (and I know you are), then ask your host for a dedicated IP address for your site. This means that no one on the net shares this IP with you’re site, it is yours and yours alone. Many shared servers have tons of related sites on them, having your own IP separates you from those sites
- Make sure your site validates as a search engine friendly site. W3C is the best site to do this with. This will tell you if your site is valid. This means if the search engines can read your site or not. If there are errors, these can possibly stop the bots from properly indexing your site.
- For every page on your site have 300 words or more. Do not write a 2 paragraph page that has little to no real information. Provide details and give examples.
- Create a FAQ or Tutorial page on your site. Make each subject link to its own page and focus on 1 or 2 keywords. Try to add 10 of these to your site as a good start. A great way to think of this is consider your industry and what most people don’t understand about it or questions commonly asked and put those there. This will add great content and help your potential clients feel secure about your service
- Add a blog to your site. Have your blog designed to match your site so as it draws traffic and readers they also know this is your main site of business like this site: Revive Skin Care. This will add value to your site, plus improve search engine rankings. Make categories and write tons of information about your industry on a regular basis.
- Create Link Baits using your blog. There are very few services that offer this on a professional level and this can be very complex. I do suggest leaving this service to the professionals, as it requires time and knowledge on things that most will find difficult and frustrating. The idea is having creative and detailed content talking about your industry and creating enough buzz through various distributions to get others to refer and link back to your incredible page of content. Listen, this can be a huge asset to your business as many writers love to give props to quality content.
- Post to Directory sites that have rankings on the inner pages and especially on the page where your site will be listed. Use unique Anchor text for each posting. This again is one of those services best left to professionals because the result of this done correctly can really help improve search engine ranking.
- Text Link Brokering is a creative and effective way to build more anchor text back links. Find related and quality ranked sites that will list your site in text format and this usually requires a 1 time, monthly or yearly fee.
- If you can and have a product or service for sell offer affiliate incentives and post these opportunities on affiliate forums, etc and generate interest in getting others to promote your service for you. Make sure you have a solid affiliate and tracking program in the back end to give security to your affiliates and have people test and write reviews on your reliability for true tacking and payouts.
March 15th, 2007
In today’s world of internet, it doesn’t matter if you are a small company or large corporation, any business on the internet has the same chances for organic traffic results and this makes for a whole new marketing game for traffic. To improve search engine ranking in today’s online market requires a bit of time, patience and creativity. Yes, it also requires a site.
In the words of Albert Einstein “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value”, this holds true now on the Internet
et. Though we all want to be successful, the face of the Internet has changed greatly and people are more aware of warning signs and stay away from sites that do not provide “value” to their search results. Just because you can improve search engine ranking
doesn’t mean your site holds true value to your potential clients. If you have read any of my other articles or blog posts you note that am drilling this issue of value added content to your site. Nothing upsets me more to find a site and not know what it is they really do or offer.
How can you improve search engine ranking and maintain clients through valuable content? We suggest the following:
- Make sure your site is SEO friendly and readable to the search engines bots.
- Create a FAQ’s Section
- Create a Contact or Support page
- Create a News Page
- Create a Press Page
- Use a Blog to manage the News, Press & FAQ’s.
Now, those are just a few things that are important before you get into the additional things that you will need to improve search engine ranking . Your site should be well positioned for the search engines so they can find pages of content and know what keywords your site should be placed for.
Once you have your site in position you want to start spreading the word that your site is out there in the following ways:
- Write articles each month educating people on your industry
- Submit these articles to article directory sites
- Submit your rss from your blog to rss directories and social book marking sites
- Submit your site to SE friendly directories
- Find related sites and broker deals with them to get your link somewhere on your site
- Write Press Releases
- Submit these Press Releases to PR websites
Over all what we are saying to make sure your site is always on the go in a sense with information and outbound links. To improve search engine ranking naturally is the best thing you can do for natural results. Don’t worry if you can’t accomplish these things there are plenty of trained companies who can manage these for you, just make sure feel comfortable with their services and that they don’t offer you things that go beyond what you really need.
March 11th, 2007
SEO Content for websites has become more focused on delivering quality content for readers. I have been to several sites based on a key word search and when actually reading through the site found that about 95% of what I read made no sense.
Marketing teams are meeting and brain storming on how to use both, quality content and SEO Content for the purposes of gaining positions in the SE and retain the attention of the reader.
Providing SEO Content can be done in an efficient and organized way if you put a little thought into this. Here are some things to note:
- Focus your page of content in the format of news or information
- Categorize your SEO Content in sections
- Focus on that section with 1 – 2 keywords
- Write about 400 words of informative and educational content to appease your readers intellect and to earn trust from the reader that you are qualified to provide the services your site offers.
- Do this on a regular basis.
Now, if you are thinking this is not an easy task you may have to possible issues:
- You are not as well versed in your industry as you think you are
- You are not a creative writer and require the help of person or service to assist you
Most fall into the 2nd category. Of course our suggestion is to use our services to have quality SEO Content provided for your company. Let us do the research and write SEO Content that will benefit your sites position in the SE.
March 9th, 2007
Now that is a frustrating statement to read about. Search Engine Visibility is our goal, it is what we live for and it is how we make our money online. Though true, it is not enough anymore as people want more details and want clear instruction from sites they took the time to search for so they know they reached the best site for their needs. I tell you, I have seen sites offering niche market services but loose out in the end because their site was not clear and lacking the right information to allow the customer to move on to the next step (actually signing up for services). What a shame, they have Search Engine Visibility but miss the really big picture. If I find a site that is not complete my first thought is, will they provide me with the same kind of service.
You don’t have to be a genius to get to the top of the search engines but you do have to be professional on your presentation. Here is a quick list of what sites should at least (bare minimum):
- Sites should have at least 2 ways to contact them in the form of a phone number and email.
- Now, having a sign up form or contact form is even that much bette
- Sites should state on the first page within the first 3 paragraphs what type of services they offer and how I can access additional information and sign up with them
Now this is not too much to ask for from a site that has Search Engine Visibility now is it? Usually I will make contact first with a company just to see if I get a response before I purchase a software or service. I look to see what kind of response I get and if I can figure out what I am getting from them within 5 minutes, otherwise I am gone.
March 8th, 2007
In a recent article titled “SEO Mind Crime” the author pointed out a very important point on SEO position and SEO Content Web Writing. The main point is watch your dollars closely and don’t hand over your money to companies promising top 10 positions in the search engines especially Google. Now, I have to say this is a wise thing to consider and also as I have pointed out in other articles that we are so eager to get traffic that we are ready to believe anyone who sounds confident that they can guarantee top 10 spots.
So what is all this SEO about and is it truly a dead service? Well to be honest most SEO companies who promise only the top 10 spots would be like your dog promising not bark at strangers if you only give him some of your food. Yeah, people are greedy and know that most business owners on the web want traffic and sales. But SEO services are not dead in any way. I say this because there are many things involved that most individual web site owners can’t do on their own, there are better blog platforms being and more.How do you avoid the “SEO Mind Crime” and make sure you still benefit from natural search results.
Understand that your best bet in gaining positions is “SEO Content Web Writing“. This is different then standard writing and done in such a way that keyword is properly placed within your sites content and done in such a way that it does not over do it, while still leaving Intelligent Content on your site. Take that concept combined with RSS aggregation and find your self being indexed by the search engines.
Our company does not focus on promises of top 10 placement we focus on quality keyword content using “SEO Content Web Writing” as our formula for success. We focus on educating our clients and helping them in areas that they are not able to do on their own. We believe in natural results and are here to help.
March 5th, 2007
The Content Writers – March 4th, 2007
Much discussion is out there and found in various forms such as forums, ezines, blogs & sites that help educate you on what is happening in the SEO world. SEO Content without a doubt and no matter where you read it, is the same message… it is absolutely a must have if you want to gain any natural positions in the search engines. Hence we get into the whole bit about SEO Content Services. Questions arise as to which companies can really provide these services in the proper way.
Before I get into how to properly look for a SEO Content Service worthy of your time, I want to ask a question first, a bit of a personal question about your character. How easily are you persuaded into products and services? Now, to be fair I am not challenging your intelligence I want to make a point. The point being that most of us are generally in a position that we have worked very hard and want to see pay off for all our hard work. Knowing this passion we have companies have chosen to prey upon us like thieves. Yes, these companies know we are desperate for results, that we have a certain amount of funds we are willing to sacrifice in the name of gaining exposure and prey on those things to get us to buy their products with their amazing words and promise of making our money back on our small investment.
What is this really saying about us? I say us because we are all in the same position. It says that we know the results we want but not really sure on how to get it. We know enough to get our selves into spending hours of our time to figure out even if in the end it does not work out. Worse yet, we will keep trying until we get it right. Now, I hope I got you thinking because what is next may be one of the biggest time savers I can ever offer you. We know that in order to get results on the world wide web you need to be found in the search engines and not just any but the top search engines. When I say the “top search engines” what comes to mind? I bet we all have at least 1 of 2 that flashed to our heads instantly (Google & Yahoo). Yes there are others, but we know enough about this to understand that those 2 for sure we must climb to the top on. We also know that we need quality content which usually begins our search for an SEO Content Service.
Here is a small list to help you quickly weed through all the hype and promises of making tons of money:
- No SEO Content Service can guarantee any position with any keyword, because only the Search Engines really know how they work and they know they change all the time which in return changes results.
- Search for a service online and look for those sites that are getting natural results. What I mean is, make sure they are found on the first and second pages and not in the paid advertisement areas. Why choose a company that is not getting results in a manner that they are now offering you as a service? Because it means that possibly they can’t!
- Read the content of the website you are researching carefully and decide if it makes sense or not. This is important because some services know how to fill up a site with keywords but when you get to reading it, it is not clear what they are writing about. Example here is you do a search find a site on the first page of Google, you think “alright, I found a company that can do what they say” but then you read through the content and you are totally lost now and not sure what they are offering. Do you want to loose business because people are unclear about what you offer?
- Start a dialog with the company you found and see if they are responsive to you. Look for things like a way to contact them online and on the phone. I am sure you don’t want to sign up for a service, pay them and now you are waiting for your services to be taken care of and now you are wasting more time.
- Watch out for mass marketing emails and phone calls of people trying to sell you their services and saying all the right words. Yes, look at 1 -4 here and make sure you can apply these tips.
- Watch out for companies who look you into long term contracts! These “seo experts” will convince you that you need to be on a program for a long time to get results. While this may be true, that doesn’t mean if for some reason you need to stop because after 6 months you are not seeing any results that you must stay with them. A true SEO Company will not need to lock you into a long term contract because if they provide the services they claim there should be no worries then.
- Understand most of all that there are no instant results in SEO services. To get natural results this does take time. Know also that when using SEO Content Services this is to help build your sites reputation to the search engines as a trusted source and a site that delivers what the searchers are looking for.
To sum this up, choose based on real results not empty promises. Many SEO services or even tools have no real effect without quality SEO content. Filling your site up with a ton of keywords but not focused on giving people facts about your company and services is only going to hurt you. Pick the SEO Content Service that can provide you with your needs.