September 19th, 2012
On Friday September 14, 2012, Google announce a diversity domain update. This another attempt to level the playing field in SEO and website rankings. In theory you will no longer see the same domain show up more than one time for any given keyword on the same page.
Shortly after the announcement by Matt Cutts, people started tweeting stating that it is in fact not working yet or still needs to be improved. Complaints were that the same domains were still crowding the SERPS by showing up multiple times on the same page. We knew of few results that had previously been showing multiple results for various keywords.
Our first example is for the keyword Santa Paula Car Audio. The top 2 spots belong to Breakers mobile and the position 4, 5 and 6 are for the DMV. There is still some major crowding. We do know that this may not be a competitive keyword but still shows that more work is needed.
Our last example is for the term Los Angeles Plumber. This is an extremely competitive keyword with just under 5 million results being returned. Mike Diamond shows up two times in the first page of the SERPs results.
There sure seems to be some crowding issues and same domain names showing multiple times. Maybe we need to wait for all the servers to update or need a small alog change, maybe 1.1 or 2.0. Well Matt did state that it was a small update. Time will tell then the next update will take place and how it will affect the SEO community.
June 28th, 2007
Any site owners can Improve Search Engine Ranking in less then 1 month by following a few simple steps. Let’s look at how the search engine works. Most search engines have what we call “bots” or “crawlers” and these bots search through your site and read from a starting point which could be your home page or any other page of your site if you have designed it that way. As they crawl through the pages, they look at your algorithms. This means they look at the coding of your site and the words written on your pages including the meta tags and the actual content. This is a unique pattern that separates your site from others. The more unique the site is the better. After they have checked your site they set a flag of sorts to come back and check again in a month or so. Once they come back they read through again and look for any updates, if they find new pages or content they will come back again in less then a month. In other words, the more they visit and find new information the more they come back. Therefore, the more they visit the better results you get in the search engines.
Improve search engine ranking by understanding first that by having the search engines will constantly visit your site if you provide regular updates. This will help improve your rankings. Now, let’s look at ways the search engines decide to check your site in the first place:
1. Some search engines will never visit your site unless you submit your site to them directly. This is important to understand because you may need to do a one time submission to the search engines.
2. Placing links back to your site on another site is another way to get the search engines to visit your site. This process is called link building and you can do this in various ways. Keep in mind that by placing a link on other sites it may take anywhere from 1 week to over a month before this link is found. In some cases the link is never seen if the web site you are put on has a no-follow rule in the code.
3. Blogs are well known and have great potential for getting the attention of the search engines in a much quicker way then any other method known. Blogs are especially powerful tools if you have them loaded directly on your own site. When you post articles or information on your blog, it will send a notification to one or more blog servers. Depending on how you set up the blog, you can actually notify Google, Yahoo, MSN and other well known search engines. This gets your blogs linked on blog servers and gets the search engines very interested in your site. Most sites get more traffic results in less then one month.
If you want to see traffic flowing in quickly, use the blog technology. I recommend wordpress. Make sure to fill it up with a list of the best blog servers so every post you make it pings the major search engines correctly. You can do a search for Ping Servers or even specific searches like “google blog server” or “google ping server”.
When you add content to your blog make sure it is original and well written. Make sure to use keywords, and once in awhile, find something controversial to talk about. Doing these things will help you gain traffic in less then one month. Improve Search Engine Rankings with blogs and backlinks. What you are doing is causing the search engines to visit your site more often and you have a bit of power because you can decide when the search engines will visit your site.
There are some SEO theorists out there that will tell you if you are not in google it will take 90 days to get into their system. Use the advice in this article and watch this myth vanish before your very eyes. Make sure you have a tracking system of some sort with your host provider to see the results.
June 26th, 2007
Search Engines are a internet based tool or application by which information or data on a particular subject can be accessed. Search engines open the doors to the virtual world. Some of the popular search engines include Yahoo!, Google, MSN, Metaspider, Lycos, Alta Vista, 800go, AskJeeves and HotBot. The proper use of search engines could lead to better search engine ranking.
These search engines are dedicated to queries of a general nature, but there are other search engines designed for technical and specialized subjects. All these search engines are ranked based on the number of visitors they get each day. Today, Google is the highest ranked search engine in the world.
Search engines also power the search capability of individual portals and web pages of companies and products. These companies work with the search engines and have mastered technology that optimizes the search for a particular word.
Every year, associations, especially those connected to the Information Technology sector, conduct surveys and publish search engine rankings. The parameters applied include the number of visitors, number of hits, number of web pages per search, number of repeated visitors and number of words searched.
Search engine rankings are published in the leading magazines and newspapers around the world. This increases the advertising revenue of the search engines as more and more companies and products opt to use the top ten search engines.
June 25th, 2007
Search Engine Ranking refers to the position assigned to popular search engines based on various factors like users, hits and applications. Search Engines are basically web-enabled applications that allows Internet users to access information relating to subjects of their choice.
The concept of search engine was evolved almost two decades ago when the Internet started gaining popularity. Some of the early entrants into the search engine segment include Yahoo!, MSN, Alta Vista, Lycos and the latest is Google. The search engine is an integral part of any Internet site or portal.
Search engines also power the searching capacity of other individual web sites. For instance, a newspaper portal. If a visitor wants to access archives or news reports of the previous editions, the search will be powered by the search engine technology deployed by a particular company.
The search engines are ranked depending on the number of visitors it receives on a daily basis. The search engines are ranked every year by a team of technology professionals in association with a firm active in similar domain or a media publication. Every year, the search engine ranking alters as companies change their business strategies to attract a larger number of visitors. There are hundreds of Internet sites dedicated to search engine ranking. Visit any of them for the latest updates.
June 14th, 2007
Are you looking to improve search engine ranking? All of us have accessed the Internet at some time to find solutions to our queries. All we need to do is just mention the subject concerning the information we need, and with one click we are provided with a host of sites related to our area of interest. Somehow search engines manage to endow us with related information within a matter of only a few seconds. The search engines posts countless pages of websites related to the query and rank them accordingly. Because of this, the most pressing question for the website owner is how the search engines determine the ranking of the websites.
The answer to this question lies with SEO, better known as search engine optimization. It is a technique which is used to improve search engine ranking. When a user specifies a topic in a search engine, the engine filters through all the websites containing the related information and first lists those sites which have been properly optimized. Good optimization is directly related to the websites keywords and content, and sites rich with keywords and content are those that reach the top of the rankings. Therefore, the key to improve search engine ranking is to state all the possible keywords which a customer might use while searching.
Thus, in today’s competitive global market, it is always advisable for an entrepreneur to design the website that is user friendly and include content which is rich in keywords. This will serve to increase the sites search engine ranking and maximize the website traffic.
June 13th, 2007
In search engine marketing the use of search engine optimization aims to improve search engine ranking. Search engine positioning should be an integral part of your strategy for increasing the amount of traffic to your website by increasing your ranking. Knowing some of the factors that will affect the ranking negatively is a good place to start to resolving the problem of low rankings.
There are over 100 elements that many search engines use to decide what your site is about and how each page will be found within the search engines. You must be careful because some of the techniques used can actually take you off the search engines radar completely! Basically stated, the elimination of structural hindrances will improve search engine ranking. These include the use of tables, the level of the page in the site directory, repeated keywords, optimizing too many pages with the same keywords or keyword phrases, and too many information pages. Eliminating or decreasing many of these factors will have a significant effect on your ranking.
If you are successful in communicating with the search engines, by using the words and phrases that visitors might actually use, then you are on the right track. Of course, if you improve search engine ranking, your traffic will increase as well, and vice versa. One will definitely help the other.
May 24th, 2007
Most web site owners find that they get in MSN & Yahoo first but not Google. This is what I hear most of the time and one of the biggest complaints. Not to mention that they are always changing their algorithms so sites that were top ranked are not gone.
So who is the master of Google and understand all their ways? Google does. But after years of reading, experimenting and doing other things I can tell you some basic things that may help.
First, when you put your site together don’t upload it until it is a complete site. Now this doesn’t mean it has to be 100% but have working links and content in each page. Make sure to have 400 or more words per page and add a news section with a handful of articles relating to your industry.
Second, use a blog directly on your site. I like wordpress and so does Google! Give your blog a touch of class by making it match your site design. Then add some categories and write a handful of posts. Make sure to add more to the ping server list in your blog as it comes default with 1, and there are a ton of others including MSN’s, Google’s & Yahoo’s ping servers.
Thirdly, create some social book marking accounts like digg.com and places like that and link your blog content to these sites. Now, when I say add content I mean quality, well written and original otherwise you will just make everyone upset and you don’t want that kind of attention.
Now you are thinking what next, do I submit to the search engines, should I submit to directories, do I start a link exchange campaign. Okay, doing the 3 things above wait 3 weeks and check your stats and you will see traffic from Google starting. Yes, there are tons of things to do beyond this that will help but this article is about getting Google attention first and that will do the trick.
April 9th, 2007
I know this has happened to most everyone at some point where your site is down, the worst is when you are showing someone your site and it is not running. What really hurts is when the search engines are indexing your site and they can’t read it because it is either down or so slow they time out on your site. If you are looking to improve search engine ranking make sure you are with a reliable host and if you are running a large site with tons of pages make sure the load time is still quick.
There are several ways now to keep your site running smooth like memcache, flat file database, etc. Don’t let hosting companies fool you about space and bandwith being your issue, there are many ways now to increase your servers load time. Improve Search Engine Ranking with a well oiled website to get better traffic results.
March 25th, 2007
My top 10 ways to Improve Search Engine Rankings is based on 7 years of banging my head against the world wide webs search engines and tons of wasted books on top 10 seo tactics.
Let me say first that there are tons of books, sources and tutorials that make promises of top 10 spots to the major search engines. Most of these are self promoting and the end result you have to hire these people on to accomplish the things they say you can do on your own.
So I want to preface this by saying that my postings on how to Improve Search Engine Rankings is not necessarily a do it your self guide. In fact the art of SEO can be time consuming and irritating to say the least. Some methods require the help of companies like mine so I write these in hopes that you will understand what it really takes to gain exposure and understand what you can do on your own and where you need assistance.
One more point I want to make “Don’t use any SEO Company who can’t explain what they are doing and make claims of secret software that you can never see or use”. Yes, SEO is complex but not trivial to the point that you can’t understand what they are doing. A true SEO company will be able to educate you on what they are doing and they will also know that they are the professionals and it is best to leave some of these techniques to the experts.
Improve Search Engine Rankings using our top 10 list. There are more things to do, but to list everything can be overwhelming and leave you feeling like it can never be done. But rest assured that if you do some or all of the 10 things listed above you will see an increase of traffic.
- If you are using a shared host (and I know you are), then ask your host for a dedicated IP address for your site. This means that no one on the net shares this IP with you’re site, it is yours and yours alone. Many shared servers have tons of related sites on them, having your own IP separates you from those sites
- Make sure your site validates as a search engine friendly site. W3C is the best site to do this with. This will tell you if your site is valid. This means if the search engines can read your site or not. If there are errors, these can possibly stop the bots from properly indexing your site.
- For every page on your site have 300 words or more. Do not write a 2 paragraph page that has little to no real information. Provide details and give examples.
- Create a FAQ or Tutorial page on your site. Make each subject link to its own page and focus on 1 or 2 keywords. Try to add 10 of these to your site as a good start. A great way to think of this is consider your industry and what most people don’t understand about it or questions commonly asked and put those there. This will add great content and help your potential clients feel secure about your service
- Add a blog to your site. Have your blog designed to match your site so as it draws traffic and readers they also know this is your main site of business like this site: Revive Skin Care. This will add value to your site, plus improve search engine rankings. Make categories and write tons of information about your industry on a regular basis.
- Create Link Baits using your blog. There are very few services that offer this on a professional level and this can be very complex. I do suggest leaving this service to the professionals, as it requires time and knowledge on things that most will find difficult and frustrating. The idea is having creative and detailed content talking about your industry and creating enough buzz through various distributions to get others to refer and link back to your incredible page of content. Listen, this can be a huge asset to your business as many writers love to give props to quality content.
- Post to Directory sites that have rankings on the inner pages and especially on the page where your site will be listed. Use unique Anchor text for each posting. This again is one of those services best left to professionals because the result of this done correctly can really help improve search engine ranking.
- Text Link Brokering is a creative and effective way to build more anchor text back links. Find related and quality ranked sites that will list your site in text format and this usually requires a 1 time, monthly or yearly fee.
- If you can and have a product or service for sell offer affiliate incentives and post these opportunities on affiliate forums, etc and generate interest in getting others to promote your service for you. Make sure you have a solid affiliate and tracking program in the back end to give security to your affiliates and have people test and write reviews on your reliability for true tacking and payouts.
March 15th, 2007
In today’s world of internet, it doesn’t matter if you are a small company or large corporation, any business on the internet has the same chances for organic traffic results and this makes for a whole new marketing game for traffic. To improve search engine ranking in today’s online market requires a bit of time, patience and creativity. Yes, it also requires a site.
In the words of Albert Einstein “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value”, this holds true now on the Internet
et. Though we all want to be successful, the face of the Internet has changed greatly and people are more aware of warning signs and stay away from sites that do not provide “value” to their search results. Just because you can improve search engine ranking
doesn’t mean your site holds true value to your potential clients. If you have read any of my other articles or blog posts you note that am drilling this issue of value added content to your site. Nothing upsets me more to find a site and not know what it is they really do or offer.
How can you improve search engine ranking and maintain clients through valuable content? We suggest the following:
- Make sure your site is SEO friendly and readable to the search engines bots.
- Create a FAQ’s Section
- Create a Contact or Support page
- Create a News Page
- Create a Press Page
- Use a Blog to manage the News, Press & FAQ’s.
Now, those are just a few things that are important before you get into the additional things that you will need to improve search engine ranking . Your site should be well positioned for the search engines so they can find pages of content and know what keywords your site should be placed for.
Once you have your site in position you want to start spreading the word that your site is out there in the following ways:
- Write articles each month educating people on your industry
- Submit these articles to article directory sites
- Submit your rss from your blog to rss directories and social book marking sites
- Submit your site to SE friendly directories
- Find related sites and broker deals with them to get your link somewhere on your site
- Write Press Releases
- Submit these Press Releases to PR websites
Over all what we are saying to make sure your site is always on the go in a sense with information and outbound links. To improve search engine ranking naturally is the best thing you can do for natural results. Don’t worry if you can’t accomplish these things there are plenty of trained companies who can manage these for you, just make sure feel comfortable with their services and that they don’t offer you things that go beyond what you really need.